CDC Guidance on Pneumatic Tube transport for COVID-19 Specimens
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers,
- Critical Access Hospitals,
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility,
- Clinical Lab
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recommending that laboratories perform a risk assessment before using a pneumatic tube system to transport suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 specimens.
According to the CDC, each facility should conduct a site- and activity-specific risk assessment of the procedures performed that:
- Identifies the hazards involved in the process.
- Confirms the competency level of the personnel performing the methods, and the laboratory facilit…