Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with E-cigarette Use or Vaping – Guidance for Healthcare Providers
- Food and Drug Administration,
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dialysis Facilities,
- Medical Office,
- Critical Access Hospitals,
- Home Health,
- Community Mental Health Centers,
- Long Term Care,
- Ambulatory Care,
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility,
- Behavioral Health,
- Rural Health Clinics
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is continuing its investigation into possible lung injury associated with use of e-cigarettes or vaping. In a recent update the CDC announced that thus far, there are 805 lung injury cases reported from 46 states and 1 U.S. territory. Twelve deaths have been confirmed in 10 states. CDC has received sex and age data on 771 patients.
- About 69% of patients are male.
- Nearly two thirds (62%) of patients are 18 to 34 years old; with 22%…