CDC Warns of Listeria Uutbreak linked to “Soft Serve On The Go” Ice Cream Cups
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Rural Emergency Hospitals,
- Assisted Living,
- Urgent Care,
- Dialysis Facilities,
- Medical Office,
- Critical Access Hospitals,
- Home Health,
- Community Mental Health Centers,
- Long Term Care,
- Ambulatory Care,
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility,
- Rural Health Clinics
The U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a food safety alert regarding an outbreak of Listeria infections.
- Two people infected with the outbreak strain of Listeria have been reported, one from New York and one from Pennsylvania. Both have been hospitalized, and neither died.
- The true number of sick people in this outbreak is likely higher than the number reported, and the outbreak may not be limited to the states with known illnesses.