Joint Commission Elevates Health Equity Standard to National Patient Safety Goal, Effective July 1, 2023
- The Joint Commission
- Behavioral Health - Outpatient,
- Critical Access Hospitals,
- Ambulatory Care,
- Behavioral Health - Inpatient
The Joint Commission (TJC) has announced that, effective July 1, 2023, Leadership standard LD.04.03.08, requiring organizations to addresses health care disparities as a quality and safety priority, will be elevated to a new National Patient Safety Goal (NPSG).
Current standard LD.04.03.08 will be moved to NPSG.16.01.01.
NPSG Goal 16: Improve health care equity, will apply to the following Joint Commission programs:
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Ambulatory Health Care (spec…